Overcladding and Built Up Systems
Overcladding and Built Up Systems: a cost-effective solution with minimum disruption to your business
Most industrial and commercial buildings will need some repair and maintenance over time. The overcladding and built-up approach is a relatively no-fuss option for businesses that require minimum disruption that allows for their workforce to maintain normal business operations.
At Retain Roofing, our overcladding can be utilised to enhance and improve the condition of your existing roof, prolonging its life. As an alternative to a full roof replacement, overcladding and built-up systems involve preserving the existing roof by adding another single skin, laid and fixed on top. Insulation is placed in between the existing and new sheets to improve the energy performance of the building.
This process guarantees that your building remains weather-proof and protected from the elements. The extra insulation increases energy efficiency and comes in a range of colours, designs and finishes. Above anything else, it’s a cost-effective alternative to fully replacing your roof. If you’d like to talk to someone about overcladding and building over your existing roof, please get in touch with the team at Retain Roofing at 0800 027 2244.
Benefits of Over Cladding your Industrial or Commercial Roofing
- It provides an improved level of insulation and greater energy efficiency for your company
- It offers a much cheaper alternative for businesses who do not need a full roof replacement
- It increases the lifespan of the existing roof system by protecting it from the elements
- It improves ventilation thanks to the new external skin, ventilation cavity, and insulating layer
- It improves the appearance of the roof thanks to the range of colours, designs and finishes that are available
- It reduces maintenance costs due to a lower risk of corrosion, condensation and thermal bridging
To establish if your industrial or commercial property is suitable for an overcladding or built-up system or if a full roof replacement or another system is more appropriate, please contact us on 0800 027 2244. Alternatively, complete the contact form below, and we’ll be in touch to help you find the best solution.